Raspberries are best eaten fresh picked. You can come to our farm to pick your own or purchase already picked raspberries from our farm market. Picking raspberries is fun for the entire family.
- Pick raspberries gently as they are the most fragile of all berries
- A mature raspberry comes off the plant without the green top (raspberries with the tops attached may be tart)
- Avoid overly soft fruit, or those with any trace of mildew
- Use our baskets or bring your own containers that are not too deep–you don’t want to crush the berries
- Come early in the morning or in the late afternoon to avoid the hottest part of the day (a hat and sunscreen are always a good idea)
- It is not necessary to wash raspberries, but if you feel the need, do so just before eating as they will absorb water and lose flavour
Raspberries will last for several days in the fridge and freeze well for up to 12 months.
Raspberries are low in calories and saturated fats but are a good source of dietary fibre and antioxidants.
Watch a short video to learn how to pick raspberries the Dentz way.